70th Salisbury Jaycees Christmas Parade
Sunday, December 4th, 2016 at 2pm
Hosted for 70 years by your Salisbury Jaycees Volunteers
Lineup: Civic Ave in the old mall parking lot - 1pm
Staging: Enter Civic Ave. from the South End ONLY (near the Civic Center)
Starts: 2pm step off from Civic Ave & Mt. Hermon Road
Watch the parade: from East Main Street & Mt. Hermon Road
Judges Stand: East Main Street at public works fountain in the City Park
End: East Main and Ward Street after Wi-Middle
Celebrating its 70th year this winter, the annual Salisbury Jaycees Christmas Parade. This festive event showcases more than 100 entries including local dignitaries, fire trucks, marching bands and, of course, Santa Claus, joined by Saul the Salisbury Jaycees Bear!
Christmas Parade Rules
We will NOT be contacting you with your parade entry number.
Absolutely NO Stopping in the Parade.
NO throwing Candy (City Ordinance).
NO Motorcycle burnouts.
- All entries are expected to adhere to the theme, and reflect holiday and community spirit. The Jaycees reserve the right to deny participation in the parade to registered entries not in compliance with this rule.
- All children participating in the parade must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Entries should be designed to withstand any weather conditions.
- All entrants must supply their own vehicle and signage.
- Absolutely NO entry is permitted have a Santa Claus character. Please allow the excitement and anticipation of the arrival of Santa Claus to occur at the end of the parade.
- Absolutely NO candy or objects may be thrown from parade participants. This is according to the city ordinance and our insurance company therefore, this must be followed. If you are caught throwing candy or any object from your vehicle you may be ticketed and will be asked to leave the parade. Entrants may walk along their unit and hand candy to spectators.
- No fire, discharging of firearms, or pyrotechnics of any kind are allowed. No wooden boards or other items that may fly into the spectators are to be broken while parading.
- All motorized vehicles in the parade MUST operate under their own power, be decorated and play only family appropriate Christmas/Holiday music. All music to be played must be included in the entry form.
- All entries with live animals are responsible for cleaning up after the animals throughout the duration of the parade (set-up through end of parade).
- Absolutely NO smoking is permitted in the parade route or set-up areas.
- Your entry fee is appreciated and donations are always welcome. We are a not for profit organization and funds collected go towards expenses of this event, trophies, band judges, portable toilets, etc
- Constant forward motion of the parade line up must be maintained at an even rate to prevent gaps. This means that entries may not stop in front of the judges’ stand.
- ALL UNITS MUST GIVE WAY TO EMERGENCY VEHICLES!!
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather,
please call our Chapter phone
410-749-0144 ext 109,
there will be a recording with any cancellation information.
You can also receive frequent updates via social media:
Trophy Categories are:
- Best Marching Band
- Best Commercial Entry
- Best Non-Commercial Float
- Best Youth Entry
- Best Scout Troop
- Best Fire Department
- Best Motorized Unit
- Best Animal Unit
- Best Marching Unit
The Christmas Parade on TV
Missed the parade? Don’t worry! Jaycees present a televised version on PAC 14 (Comcast channel 14 in Salisbury) as Christmas approaches. Visit www.pac14.org for schedule information and streaming video.
To stage: please enter Civic Avenue from the South End only (near the Civic Center). Parking will be provided in the lot nearest to Glen Avenue, next to Check-In. You may not park in the Staging Area. We will NOT be contacting you with your parade entry number. All parade entrants will be listed on our website by December 6th at www.salisburyjc.com. Please check the website prior to the event for your entry number in the lineup. Barricades will be in place to guide the parade. The parade will conclude at East Main and Ward St, and participants should make arrangements to depart accordingly.