73rd Annual Salisbury Jaycees Christmas Parade
Sponsored by Mountaire Farms
Sunday, December 8th, 2019 (Rain Date Dec 15th)
Theme: A Very Country Christmas
Hosted for 73 years by your Salisbury Jaycees Volunteers
- Lineup: Civic Ave in the old mall parking lot - Participants must arrive no later than 1 pm.
- Staging: Enter Civic Ave. from the South End ONLY (near the Civic Center)
- Starts: 2pm step off from Civic Ave & Mt. Hermon Road
- Watch the parade: from East Main Street & Mt. Hermon Road
- Judges Stand: East Main Street at public works fountain in the City Park
- End: East Main and Ward Street after Wi-Middle
This festive event showcases more than 100 entries including local dignitaries, fire trucks, marching bands and, of course, Santa Claus, joined by Saul the Salisbury Jaycees Bear!
Christmas Parade Rules
- Absolutely NO entry is permitted have a live Santa or Mrs. Claus character. Please allow the excitement and anticipation
of the arrival of Santa Claus to occur at the end of the parade.
- All entries are expected to adhere to the theme, and reflect holiday and community spirit. The Jaycees reserve the right to deny participation in the parade to registered entries not in compliance with this rule.
- All children participating in the parade must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Entries should be designed to withstand any weather conditions.
- All entrants must supply their own vehicle and signage.
- No fire, discharging of firearms, or pyrotechnics of any kind are allowed. No wooden boards or other items that may fly into the spectators are to be broken while parading.
- Absolutely NO smoking is permitted in the parade route or set-up areas.
- All motorized vehicles in the parade MUST operate under their own power, be decorated and play only family appropriate Christmas/Holiday music. All music to be played must be included in the entry form.
- All entries with live animals are responsible for cleaning up after the animals throughout the duration of the parade (set- up through end of parade).
- Your entry fee is appreciated and donations are always welcome. We are a not for profit organization and funds collected go towards expenses of this event, trophies, judges, portable toilets, etc
- Constant forward motion of the parade line-up must be maintained at an even rate to prevent gaps. This means that entries may only stop in front of the judges' stand for a 30 second period. Any entry who remains stopped at the judge's stand for more than 30 seconds will not be eligible for an award.
- ALL UNITS MUST GIVE WAY TO EMERGENCY VEHICLES!!
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather,
please call our Chapter phone
410-749-0144 ext 109,
there will be a recording with any cancellation information.
You can also receive frequent updates via social media:
Trophy Categories are:
- Best Marching Band
- Best Commercial Entry
- Best Non-Commercial Float
- Best Youth Entry
- Best Scout Troop
- Best Fire Department
- Best Motorized Unit
- Best Animal Unit
- Best Marching Unit
The Christmas Parade on TV
Missed the parade? Don’t worry! Jaycees present a televised version on PAC 14 (Comcast channel 14 in Salisbury) as Christmas approaches. Visit www.pac14.org for schedule information and streaming video.
To stage: please enter Civic Avenue from the South End only (near the Civic Center). Parking will be provided in the lot nearest to Glen Avenue, next to Check-In. You may not park in the Staging Area. We will NOT be contacting you with your parade entry number. All parade entrants will be listed on our website prior to the day of the parade at www.salisburyjc.com. Please check the website prior to the event for your entry number in the lineup. Barricades will be in place to guide the parade. The parade will conclude at East Main and Ward St, and participants should make arrangements to depart accordingly.